To be able to express myself through music is an emotion that I have always felt intensely.
Just as Theseus found his way out of the labyrinth thanks to the thread given to him by Ariadne, for me, music expresses that same concept that saved Theseus from his death … it is to this thought that I turn each time I pluck the strings of my harp and free my voice in song …
- …the Arpa Doppia, a fantastic instrument capable of producing a truly charming sound: it is in this sense which Marina Bonetti‘s performance stands out."
CD Classica (IT)
- …charming "Labyrinthus" of the harp which in a long cadence, amidst the silence of all the others, transports the auditorium from human music (holy as it is) to what one imagines to be the music of the Heavens…
- Marina Bonetti shines for her virtuoso ability, precision and finesse.
Il giornale di Vicenza (IT)
- …As a continuo player, Bonetti has developed a repertory of figures (e.g. ways of repeating tones) that exploit the harp and soft attacks possibile on the harp, figures that would sound utterly crude on the harpsichord… with Bonetti’s rhetorical articulation, her harp spoke clearly and deeply…
17th–Century Music (US)
Vol.18, No. 1, Fall 2008
- Marina Bonetti’s harp, a XVII century model with three rows of strings, has transformed an intriguing iconography of this most gentle instrument into suave notes of music and song ……
- …the two solo voices are excellent, the soprano Elena Gallo and the mezzo-soprano Marina Bonetti who in the Early repertoire, both demonstrated technical expertise and in depth knowledge…
- Of La Capella Mediterranea, worth mentioning are above all the plucked instruments (Marina Bonetti on the harp and Thomas Dunford on the lute are particularly remarkable)…